Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Welcome

Our school began under the name of "Buddhist Girls' College" in a house called "The Firs" at Turret Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka. It was moved to its present premises at Vajira Road on the 21st of November 1927 and named "Visakha Vidyalaya" by Lady Herbert Stanley, the wife of the then Governor of Ceylon. From humble beginnings, Visakha Vidyalaya has risen to the position of the most sought after school for girls in Sri Lanka. Furthermore, it is the only girls' school identified amongst the first National Schools in the Island.

Photo Galleries

News & Highlights

The annual children’s day celebration was held on the 30th of January, 2016 at the Jeremias Dias hall with the participation of hostellers of...

The Annual Visakha Vidyalaya Avurudu pola will be held on 02 April 2016 at Visakha Vidyalaya Organized by the Visakha Vidyalaya Old Girls Association...

Mrs. Eileen Siriwardena who was a past principal of Visakha, popular author and educationist, passed away at her residence. Mrs. Eileen Siriwardena,...

Padmini Indira Senaratne Samarasinghe, President's Counsel - assumed duties as the Principal, Sri Lanka Law College (SLLC) on the November 9,...

View the December 2015 Newsletter